Saturday, May 4, 2013

I've started working on another one.

As mentioned in my last post, I have all the work for The Chameleon War stored on Google.

As it turned out, three of the secondary characters started bivouacking in my head mid-november, and by January I had written out a short (360+ page) comic, and was working on thumbnails. As of now, I'm working on the thumbnails for chapter six (of thirteen), and have actually done watercolour for the first fourteen pages.

It is somewhat exhilarating to have actually finished a story for the first time in years. Even if this story is, in fact, simply an episode in a longer-running storyline, which it is, the fact that I actually have the story itself finished (it has a beginning, a middle, and an end) is exciting to me. The prospect of actually finishing the thumbnails is now within reach (I've made it almost half way. It's all countdown from here), and is terrifying.

The insanity comes from the idea that I'm then working in pen and ink, and then watercolour, and then more pen and ink. Each page takes something in the range of 22 hours to complete. I am detailing down to the stitching in people's clothing.

I wish I knew if anyone else was going to be interested in this story at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment